Easygo is an established startup, based in the heart of Melbourne. We specialise in the creation, management and marketing of various products in the online gaming space. Our core focus is around building well-designed casino games, crypto platforms and sportsbooks, all with the latest technology to ensure everything we do is not only fresh, but also rewarding and exciting.
We pride ourselves in being a progressive, open-minded and inclusive employer. We invest into you, so that you can focus on doing what you’re great at and have the tools to exceed with our team.
With modern pet-friendly office spaces, development opportunities, team activities and renowned company retreats, you can be rest assured there is never a dull moment when working with the Easygo team.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our ideal candidate is someone who has extensive experience working with developers and is able to architect, strategise and drive a team to achieve business objectives. This role would not only include development responsibilities, but we are also looking for someone who can utilise their wealth of knowledge to enhance our practices and power innovation. We are seeking someone with tested leadership qualities to help mentor and guide the tech team to success. Having gambling industry experience or knowledge is not necessary, but would certainly be beneficial for someone in this position.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and scale the various development teams with a layer of direct reports.
- Contributing and collaborating with the executive leadership team.
- Review and make improvements to the existing structure, including the team structure, structural efficiency, etc.
- Facilitate the transition to B2B ready products and other core business objectives.
- Lead the development and delivery of all products and services as the company expands its product portfolio.
- Guide and decide on all processes for the engineering organization, including the software development life cycle, type of technologies used, and overall prioritization of work and projects.
- Nurture talent by providing skill and career development to team members and training them to become exceptional technical leads and people managers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
To Succeed in this role, you:
Must have led teams:
- Of at least 10 engineers.
- With high levels of automated test coverage and a high standard of security practices.
- That worked with React for frontend codebase, Node for backend codebase, Typescript for both codebase frameworks, Microservices (Kubernetes), AWS for all servers & DB’s, Graphql for API, Elastic search and DDoS mitigation.
Must have these abilities:
- Extremely sharp logic and communication skills.
- Vision. You see how you’d like customers, teams, technology, and competitors to relate years into the future.
- Leadership. You define goals and strategies, design organizations, hire, motivate, assess and manage.
- Learning. You quickly acquire and understand new skills and knowledge and apply them to your work.
- Hands-on. You are technically proficient in our existing stack.
- Emotionally intelligent. You are able to manage difficult situations and differences of opinions.
Will benefit from these skills and background:
- Deep interest in and understanding of privacy and security issues affecting consumers online, and opinions and visions for how they might evolve over time.
- Preferably you have come from a development background yourself. Will you be writing code every day? Probably not, but you’re expected to be highly technical.
- You may not be a Technical Officer right now, perhaps you’re a Head of Engineering/Development/Technology and looking to take the step up!
If you believe that you are the person that we are looking for, please submit a copy of your resume together with a letter of introduction explaining why you are the perfect candidate to join our team.
Australian work rights preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.